Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Egypt On the Brink of Civil War

As Egypt is on the brink of Civil War, I sit twiddling my thumbs in front of my computer pouring over my on Facebook and Al Jazeera English.

My Egyptian host sister Marwa acts as my personal citizen journalist from the comfort of her apartment in Rabat AlAlkhway a small part of Nasr City in Cairo. She takes pictures of smoke billowing up just blocks from her home.
Protesters in the streets below her apartment. A mixture of Morsi supporters and those just trying to live out a 'normal' day.

Smoke just minutes from her home, from car bombs and tear gas.
 
Recently, the VP of Egypt stepped down, but what most wait for is an answer to the emergency alert place on Egypt.
 
What will this alert do for the country? Will this just progress the fighting into a civil war?




 

No comments:

Post a Comment