Sunday, March 13, 2011

Deliciou Hampburger Salad



        Instead of purchasing lunch from one of the cultural restaurants in the Yale-New Haven Area, I brought my own pre-made special lunch to SJP.  Last night for dinner, my family came over and as usual in the summer we had hamburgers on the grill.  As I was cleaning up the kitchen I noticed there were two hamburgers left so I decided to create a new way to eat leftover hamburgers.  My recipe is:

            First, chop a third of a white onion and cut your leftover already-grilled burgers into cubes.  Then place the chopped onion and hamburger in a pan with a little smudge of butter.  As that is cooking add ketchup and a drizzle of Worcestershire sauce  to a point where it looks like a sloppy-joe and add any other type spices like coriander, paprika, and cumin.  For those who like a slight kick to their food they can add chilly powder or jalapeno pepper.  After everything is mixed in the pan take your favorite type of lettuce leaf and place the meat over the lettuce, and later if you wish to add any tomatoes or pepper you can make it into a delectable and new way to eat salad with meat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment